Monday, November 25, 2013

Blancmange, B, Ballet and Breaking Bad.

Hello again. It's been a full week since my last confession blog post. Forgive me readers for I have sinned. You know, been slack again. About posting. Which I know doesn't matter in the slightest but still, I feel I need to act as though I am a minor celebrity by apologizing. So indulge me won't you.

It's been a busy week round these parts. More storms, hot weather, me continuing with the predominant literary trope of this blog by complaining about having no air conditioning and adding to it by weeping with frustration while I tried to put together the pedestal fans that I had taken apart to clean, kindy concerts, more freaking ballet rehearsals, a sick baby, spending money we don't have on shit we don't need. You know the drill.

I think this post might call for some dot points again. And you know how I love a good dot point.

  • I've been going to bed at 8 or 8.30 nearly every night. Because I am so bloody TIRED all the time. WHY AM I SO TIRED? My kids, these days, sleep through the night. They wake pretty early but I don't think that explains my bone weariness. I never used to be able to sleep during the day but at the moment I could sleep hours away. Hours I tell you. I fall asleep lying on the floor next to B's cot. The early bedtimes have rendered me almost incapable of keeping up with blogging, housework, tv viewing. But I do feel a bit less tired. I am guessing the absence of anything much that you could call actual exercise is not helping my energy levels. If I don't action some exercise soon I will become a human blancmange.



Me, earlier today.


  • Apart from being quite sick with a fever last week, B is very cute at the moment. Some examples of his cuteness include;
    • he says "fuck" instead of "truck". He also says "pig" instead of "big". So when we are out and about he is often heard shouting at the top of his lungs "pig fuck! Mummy PIG FUCK!". Amusing, no?
    • When he wakes up in the morning and I walk into his room, he shouts at me, whilst standing in his cot - "Get DA WATER mummy! Get DA WATER!". Which is his way of requesting a drink.
    • When I take off his sleeping bag, he often says "Hello feet!" to his appendages. CUTE!
    • When I say to him "Love you!" he replies "Wah Woo!".
    • When he has a sore anything he says "Sore tummy! Sore tummy!". Even if it isn't his tummy. I mean what is he, like, 2? OH RIGHT!
    • When he DOES bang his head on something, which happens fairly regularly, he cries and says "Bump da HEAD!"
    • When I tell him it is time to get out of the bath, he tells me sternly "No! Free minutes!" which is his way of demanding three minutes more.
    • He is obsessed with M mowing the lawn and comments regularly throughout the day "Lawn. Mower. Boots. Hat. Gasses" (glasses). HEEHEE.
Here is the boy in question in his kindy photo.

  • We went to P's kindy concert on Friday night. She and all her pre-kindergarten cronies were up on stage singing Christmas carols. Very cute. I could hardly see her because she was hidden behind a tall kid but what I could see was her staring at all the other kids and only occasionally joining in. Some would say easily distracted, I would say DEAD SET OBSERVANT and INTERESTED IN PEOPLE!
    And the girl.
  • Saturday we went on a wild goose chase to some non-existent Indian supermarket to purchase some AUTHENTIC spices for M to make dhal. I mentioned to him that I thought you could get some pretty bloody authentic spices at Woolies but he was not deterred. When we weren't successful in locating the supermarket, we decided to go to a fancy pants market type place at harbourtown and had lunch at the deli there, which was very nice indeed. Fancy pants gourmet food type things are M's Achilles heel, spending wise, so we then proceeded to buy a high end panettone, some salted capers, and some baklava. We were sorely tempted by all sorts of other ridiculously priced goodies but stopped there. Frankly we should be living on tins of baked beans and cat food like pensioners do, the way we are going.




File footage of a panettone. I think this is the same brand.  Weirdly this looks a lot like our floor too. Curious.

  • After our spending spree, I then had to wait around outside P's ballet rehearsal, sweating for OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF. This time I was able to see P doing her thing through a window. Whilst all the small ballerinas faced the front doing the actions, P faced sideways, mostly staring at the other girls and occasionally getting the steps in. DEAD SET OBSERVANT, SEE? PRODIGY! I think she is clearly going to be an anthropologist or life painter.
  • We threw caution to the wind for a second year running and put the Xmas tree up in November. We are going away next weekend so I figured what the hey. Didn't put the outdoor lights up because I got too tired. Energy levels low. MUST EXERCISE! MUST! Here's some file footage of Christmas Past if you are interested in it. Everything looks basically the same this year except messier because I retained limited creative control of the project and outsourced it to my junior colleagues. http://slapdashmama.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/poo-of-day-festivus-for-rest-of-us.html
  • Even though I have been adhering to my stringent early bedtime curfews, I did manage to stay up late enough on Saturday night to watch 4 episodes of Season 2 of Breaking Bad. SO OBSESSED WITH IT. I know I am late to the party but better late than never, as they say.
  • I really miss having a proper smart phone. I am at a loss. No easy access to a photographic record of my life. Therefore no easy access to photos for this blog. And don't get me started on Instagram. I mourn it. I must do something stat.


Anyway that's a wrap.

28 comments:

  1. Your son is deadset gorgeous! And what is cuter than a preschooler swearing like a wharfie without meaning to?

    Now will your daughter be facing some key learning in 16 years as her mother has? That she may not be the genius she may have been led to believe. Not saying your daughter isn't dead set observant or a prodigy, just saying you may be repeating your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he the cutest?! And I agree there is nothing more adorable then toddlers cussing! I think you may be right about my daughter. Am I creating a monster? SURELY NOT!

      Delete
    2. No, definitely not a monster!!! But maybe you may have a future adult who is somewhat unhappily appraised of the reality.

      But never fear. That won't be your responsibility. And you can create a happy child.

      One of my sons when he won an award in primary school for "Doing his best to TRY to complete tasks to the best of his ability" (can you read the hidden message in this? Good, cause my son couldn't) said he thought he would get Dux of his primary school. Mmmm! Do you think I helped him face the cold hard truth of reality? No way, Jose. Not until Year 12. Early enough.

      Delete
    3. That award IS HILARIOUS! Oh dear. POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!

      Delete
  2. Are you sure you're not pregnant, what with being so tired all the time? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM GOING TO PRETEND I DIDN'T READ THAT OMG JANET NOOOOOOOOOO

      Delete
    2. LOL Janet that is GOLD! So....??

      Delete
  3. Ha ha what Janet said just flicked through my head, sorry but true. However I suspect you are like me and the more active we are the more energy we have. Sucks no smart phone again. And I have so much to say, every point I LOVE. He is so cute all those words, my 2 year old is the same. Except he's a bit more emotional and when doesn't get his way he just runs up to me and smacks me and says BOP - for stop - he doesn't like it when I start 'bopping' and screams bop bop bop so I just keep dancing - Oh I am a cruel mum. Love your posts, wish you had more time to write, I just soak it up. Em xx
    BTW - you know gorgeous girl - you have so much in common with The Tunnel my curious/nosey journo brain is going into overdrive ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I am sure it isn't THAT THING! It would put a hell of a spanner in the works. But no, it's not really possible. It is so HARD not to laugh at them when they have little tantrums! I have a FAMILY CONNECTION to THe Tunnel! LOL.
      Please lets catch up soon. I don't have your mobile any more since the Great Losing of the iPhone occurred. TEXT ME!

      Delete
  4. I love this post!
    I laughed and laughed and laughed.
    How cute are kids! When Toddler C says clock is still come out a bit like COCK...this lead to an interesting incident in the clock section of Ikea.
    And I must say that I just don't get panettone. Perhaps I need to shell out for a fancy one? Although I had panetonne when I lived in Italy and I didn't see what all the fuss was about then either. Give me chocolate cake any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B sounds 100% adorable. Still laughing at 'pig fuck' and 'hello feet' is SO cute!! Re: tiredness, get yourself some Fefol (I think that's how you spell it) They're high strength iron capsules that you have to ask the pharmacist for (10 bucks for a packet of 30) You won't know yourself after a couple of days on them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an iron test and I am ok apparently! I KNOW! What the actual.

      Delete
  6. love the bullet points - will have to incorporate somehow.

    your kids are at a naturally funny age! love the darnest things they say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too funny. I haven't commented on your mega post yet but I WILL I WILL!

      Delete
    2. no pressure ever to comment!! i bleeding went on long enough ;P

      Delete
  7. I'll take your week and raise you a week - I am SO slack that after two weeks off I've just reposted an old post - must do better! It's so bloody freezing here at the moment that I also greet my feet each morning thankful that they haven't turned to ice and fallen off in the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I ENVY you the cold, I know it's silly, but 'tis so HUMID here.

      Delete
  8. Oh, and I DO have a smart phone again - proof positive that if you stare at one meanly enough muttering expletives it will (after a whole week!) spring back into life none the worse for being dunked in nail varnish remover :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. At least you still HAVE yours! There's no retrieving mine now!

      Delete
  9. Your children are so sweet ..I cant remember mine at that age ..well I can but don't look back as Scarlett O;Hara always said . Don't know where that bit of melancholy came from, it must be the time of year.

    Don't envy you up there with that heat that never blows away ..I couldn't stand it ,,of course you know you are always welcome here down south

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I am in Sydney smr I will let you know!!!

      Delete
  10. As much as I would like to leave my rental for some ways it's crap, I don't want to leave because it has air con!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear, dear, dearest blacmange. I don't think you should exercise. It's stupid and hurts. I did some squats while I brushed my teeth the other night and now my thighs are broken. Also, you can spell blamange and I'm very very impressed. Baby B is so very extremely adorable, but sadly, undeniably, not really a baby. :( Best you have another. ;) LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eldest was also very observant in his day care concert. Poor little thing, ran out to me, half way through the performance. The only child to abscond. About the tired thing. Now I'm not a Doctor, but maybe its because you have two little ones and work? I'm tired and I have help and day care and I don't work! Love the cute sayings of your littlest. They say the darnedest things. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they? I need to write every single thing down. But do I? No. Yes, your diagnosis is possibly right. Either that or IT MIGHT BE A TUMOUR.

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...