Saturday, December 8, 2012

Some of my favourite things aka proof I am really a teenage boy stuffed inside the skin of a lumpen 32 year old woman.

I present the following evidence in support of the thesis that I am really just a weedy, spotty teenage boy being crushed to death inside the body of a suburban mother of two.

My top 10 movies are:

1.  Anchorman
2.  Dude, Where's My Car?
3. Anchorman
4. Anchorman
5. The Big Lebowski
6. The Sound of Music
7. Anchorman
8. Anchorman
9. The Piano.
Nah bra, just messin with ya! As if! That emo shit's for CHICKS!
10. Withnail and I

OK, so number 5 shows there's a little girl inside me too, struggling like buggery to escape.

On a serious note, there is an ANCHORMAN SEQUAL COMING OUT!  I know, it's almost too exciting to bear and frankly I am really really scared it's going to be TOTAL SHIT!!!!

My top 10 TV shows are:

1. Seinfeld
2. Futurama
3. The Simpsons
4. The Young Ones
5.  Bottom
6.  Absolutely Fabulous
7.  Alan Partridge
8.  All cooking shows that have ever existed in the history of the world I am not kidding I will watch them all
9. QI
10. Gardening Australia

OK, I'm actually not sure what the hell that TV show list says about me except that I am a freaking nutcase who has the psyche of a spotty youth and the interests of a crochet obsessed Nana who thinks she's a bit clever, likes eating, fashion, laughing at bum jokes, eating and also bum jokes.  Bum.

Also, by way of a closing argument - this.



Workmate R aka MaryMary, this is for you my friend.

What do youse guys like?  Do you like stuff?  Or things?  Or watching crap and stuff? Do you abide? Like the Dude? Me TOO! We should totally be FRIENDS!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I've never seen the "Kristen Schall is a horse" bit before but rest assured I'll have that lively ditty trapped in my mind for at least the next 24 hours. Well played Slapdash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath isn't she just the cutest? My colleague R and I laugh about this.regularly.

      Delete
  2. Anchorman is so so good. I'm similarly concerned that they will not be able to match (let alone top) "I'm trapped in a glass cage of emotion". I mean C'MON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milk was a bad choice...!!
      I'm terrified they're going to root it up completely.

      Delete
  3. I express my inner adolescent with the DVD series of FireFly. (Or is that my inner and outer desperate housewife perving at Nathan Fillion. I'm on board with Anchor Man. It was a rare commodity - a Hollywood comedy that was actually funny. I also fear that Anchor Man 2 will be crap-tacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what FireFly is! Will google...
      I love Will Ferrel and everything he does, even.the awful stuff. I'm loyal, I'll say that much! Thank u for commenting Mumabulous!

      Delete
  4. Now Miss Slapdash, you obviously didn't get these from the toilet store! Thank you! One of the best yet!
    I am bubbling over with joy! Kristen Schall is a never fail delight! Wonderful to see her again.
    And Anchorman is always top 5 of my list too - thanks to this little reminder we have got it out and put it on right now!
    And as for TV, my faves are - in no order: The Simpsons, QI, Would I lie to you, Insiders (sorry), and, of course, Miranda! Gardening Australia replayed on a Sunday afternoon has a certain pleasure. Should I confess now to my dirty little secret of The Great South East? And any British village show on at 7 pm on Saturday night on the ABC.
    Thanks for the fun !




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great south east! So funny! Kristen Schaal is a horse is totally the best thing you ever introduced to me. So. Funny. Oh I forgot about Miranda! What fun!

      Delete
  5. You should definitely watch the Inbetweeners, I think you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes Lisa I keep meaning to watch it! thank you for reminding me! And for commenting x

      Delete
    2. Dave and I just finished watching the Inbetweeners and it is Gold. Comdey fucking GOLD!

      Delete
  6. I really don't know why I have never gotten around to reading your blog before today. I feel so bad because I know you've been to mine.

    I love Anchorman and am seriously scared it will be shit too. Have you seen A Night at the Roxbury? If you haven't you should rent it tonight, judging by our freakily similar tastes you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG don't feel bad the world is full of try hard bloggers like me, as if.you'd ever have time to actually visit them all! I'm always so excited when anyone new actually does read it, so thank you v much!!!

      Delete
    2. And no I haven't seen it, must fix this asap

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...