Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tag! I'm it!

Holla! What's up all my biatches? I've been absent for a few days. I need my own freaking computer. Fighting for time at the desktop is NO GOOD FOR ONE'S RELATIONSHIP!!
Anyway plenty of mundane crap has gone down but one exciting thing has happened!  I've been given the "Sunshine Award" by my homegirl blogger Mumabulous.  Check her out she is a hoot!  Needless to say I took this very calmly and collectedly and didn't run squealing to tell M at all and then ring my Dad and then my Mum, all of whom JUST DON'T GET IT and think I am raving.  No no, I did none of those things. Not I.  Anyway, thank you Mumabulous!  I am fully stoked to the max.


The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favourite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!


Of course I couldn't help but be amused to think that I have been positively inspiring people given that essentially the theme of my blog is "Where I vent my spleen" and basically I drone on in a sort of irritating way about my inadequacies and things that give me the shits for everybody's delectation.  Mum are you reading this?  Positively inspiring! You know it. For realz.


OK.  Let's do this thing. 


1. Favourite Time of the Year?
Oh this is a vexed issue for me, vexed indeed.  I really love Christmas time, what with Jesus being born, family togetherness, mangoes, cherries, decorations, festive boozing and all, but frankly the humidity in Queensland is a bitch and my worst enemy.  Can I choose the change of seasons?  Ok I choose that then. I get weirdly excited every time I sense a change in the air, whether it's that first crisp morning before Autumn becomes Winter, or the whiff of jasmine outside my window as Spring slides into sticky Summer.


2. Favourite Festive movie?
Mum has always loved the Jimmy Stewart movie Harvey and we often watched it at Christmas. I guess most people would think of "It's a Wonderful Life" when they think of Jimmy Stewart Christmas movies and this one isn't really Christmassy, but it's beautiful and heart warming and I just love it. From IMDb
The classic stage hit gets the Hollywood treatment in the story of Elwood P. Dowd who makes friends with a spirit taking the form of a human-sized rabbit named Harvey that only he sees (and a few privileged others on occasion also.) After his sister tries to commit him to a mental institution, a comedy of errors ensues. Elwood and Harvey become the catalysts for a family mending its wounds and for romance blossoming in unexpected places.



3. What is your Passion?
I think my passion is writing, and I think I'm ok at it.  Yes, it is.  I done like it real good. Writing. Yes. Erm. Stuff. Blah. See? Excellent.


4. Favourite Colour?
PINK! OMG pink. Has anyone read The Little White Horse? You know how Loveday Minette has a fight with her beloved about pink geraniums, and thinks anyone who doesn't like pink is SATAN REINCARNATED? That's totally me! Having said that, I also must give a tip of the cap to burnt orange, black and shades of green which I like to wear often.


5. Favourite time of the Day?
Always used to be early morning. Pfft!  As if!? What the hell was I thinking? I've seen FAR TOO MANY SUNRISES since the junior members of the Slapdash Family were born and frankly I've been cured of getting up early FOREVER AND FOREVER! Now my favourite time of day is WINE O'CLOCK!


6. Favourite Flower?
Gardenia, with jasmine running a close second.  I choose my flowers for their scent.  I would love nothing but scented flowers in my garden but I grudgingly admit that we also need mundane plant life like, you know, parsley and grass and stuff.


7. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Beverage?
Favourite what kind of beverage? NON-alcoholic? Wh-wh-whut?  No idea what this even means. You mean you can drink tonic without Gin? Pfft. 


8. Favourite Physical Activity?
Bahahahahaha! No, no, I'll be serious for a minute.  I really love the heptathlon, although my passion really lies with ultra marathons and I try and do at least 5 per year.
Bahahahaha! Oh I crack myself up, I really do.


9. Favourite Vacation?
We've had a few really great holidays. I've liked them all, particularly because even though M gets sick wherever we go, I have guts of steel and seem to skate through unscathed.  M spent a goodly portion of our honeymoon in Thailand yakking up his guts in the resort room while I lived it up poolside, cocktail in hand.  In my defence, I couldn't stay cooped up in that room too long, the vomit smell was overpowering.  At least one of us was enjoying ourselves.


OK! 
So now I pass the baton to these cool blogging dudes. Also, if you aren't into that kind of thing (and I don't mean in a "50 Shades of Grey" kind of way) please don't feel you need to do this,  I'm just telling you I LOVE YOUR BLOGS SICK! Mwah! Also you might have already done this.  I'm such a newbie that most people whose blogs I read have been around forever and are amazing and probably not interested in communing with lil ol' me, but anyway...


1.  Lovely Jublies - http://lovelyjublies.blogspot.com.au/

Z and her remarkable shoe collection. And wit.


2. Sulky Kitten - http://www.thesulkykitten.com/

Sulky my loyal commenter, has the BEST BLOG EVER and is as funny as anyone ever.  Also I happen to know she's on holidays at the moment so might not ever get this BUT OMG I LOVE HER so I'm doing it anyway.


3.  Handmade Tears and Triumph -http://www.handmadetearsandtriumphs.com/

Kelly has a great and humorous blog about, well, you know, being a MUMMY AND SHIT!


4.  Redcliffe Style - http://www.redcliffestyle.com/

Rachel is one clever lady who writes a funny and stylish blog about living it up REDCLIFFE STYLE!


5.  Stuff No-One Told Mandie - http://noonetoldmandie.blogspot.com.au/

Another mama blogger lovely who I want to be my friend :-)


6.The Hills are Alive - http://blogofmichele.blogspot.com.au/

Michele is from my old stomping ground, the Sunshine Coast, and was one of my first Followers. Mwah!


7.  Blithe Moments - http://blithemoments.blogspot.com.au/

Lisa has such a lovely blog full of genuine positivity and sweetness.


8.  Cup of Tea and a Blog - http://www.cupofteaandablog.com/

Catherine Rodie-Blagg is a mummy blogger stalwart.  And I'm jealous of the work station she has set up for herself that I noticed in her latest post.


9.  Magneto Bold Too - http://magnetoboldtoo.com/

OK we are getting into the big guns here. I heart Kelley big time. Big time. So funny. And she says fuck ALL THE TIME.


10.  Bourbon and Pearls - http://bourbonandpearls.blogspot.com.au/

OK guys don't freak out but Tabitha is like OMG a total blogging super star OMG and I love her times a million. She is a gorgeous, sardonic Scot with a great wardrobe and an even greater vocabulary.


Love youse all.
Slapdash Mama  
xx

21 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous girl I'm stoked! Thank you so much. And to put me in the company of such AMAZING bloggers, I'm feeling like the odd one out! Kelley, Catherine, Mandie and Rachel are some of my faves too.
    Congratulations on your award, you definitely deserve it. I'm totally loving your blog. YOU are aweseome.
    And you've mentioned a few blogs that I'm not familiar with - off to check them out!
    Thank you again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwah! I found you through Kelley's blog, Kelly. Love this blogging business, so many new friends. Love reading your blog too, so fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! U r totes inspiring my friend. Making me lol when I am sangry. Kk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled to be included in such an awesome list. I know and love most of these gals and am off to stalk the rest. I am more thrilled to have the word clever attached to my name. Love your work!! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Sarah Mac. Being called a "hoot" is quite a compliment. The last time I received such an accolade I was running down George St after too many champagnes singing "TISM" songs with a very new acquaintance I'd meet at The Brooklyn Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of bloggers there and am stoked to be amongst them. Thanks for the tag, I'm feelin' the love, big time - and let's be friends, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for your award! Great list too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! in your first few months too, an award!

    oops see I've missed a post will reverse to read ..Ive had a couple of days away Hobart, really nice city

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks smr, you are a loyal reader xx
      I've never been to Tassie, would love to one day.

      Delete
  9. Congrats hun and you have come up with a smashing list yourself including a couple I havent heard of before so I am off to check them out! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I totally thought the same thing when I saw I was given one of these. I thought I bitched way to much!

    My husband spent the last three days of our Fijian honeymoon doing the same thing. Probably because he would eat everything in sight, in large quantities, no mater what it was, where as I tend to go a bit easier and eat normal to small portions and just try a little bit of everything. Unfortunately his was all coming out the end opposite of his mouth and I had to get away from not only the smell but the sound of him doing it! So fucking romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Poor M, he had bronchitis in New York and an inner ear infection in Fiji as well. I must have super immunity powers! Thank you for commenting Kylie.

      Delete
  11. Why Thank ye kindly Ma'am! ( Tugs forelock and doffs cap). I must now check out all these other gals I haven't met yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE you.

    ADORE.

    And I suck for taking so long to pop over and say thanks.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Kelley, you made my day. I'm feeling so awfully bleak at the moment and I needed to hear something lovely xxx

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...