Monday, January 14, 2013

Liebster Award.


Hello everyone.

I'm as tired as all get out tonight due to heat-induced sleep deprivation, and work sucking the utter life out of me. I mean, not that it is particularly onerous, it just takes up my precious TIME! How very dare it.

Luckily it has cooled down heaps tonight or I don't know what would have happened!

My work friend A is ON MY CASE about attending to the regular updating of the blog so I thought I'd do something that I've been meaning to finish for ages...

So, ages ago one of my new favourite bloggers, Alison from Oculus Mundi, awarded me another one of those bloggy prize thingies, the Liebster Award.

The Liebster award  "..is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest,  kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11other  bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new 
bloggers and connect  with a wider audience."

Well, I definitely fall into the less than 200 followers or likers, haha! Not that I don't value each and every one of my 18 followers and 60 likers! 

I love you, I do.

But frankly, if YOU really loved ME, you'd go out and recruit at least 5 friends each to the Slapdash Mama cause. I just don't think you are trying HARD enough. Don't make me get all Tupperware Pyramid Sales Scheme Jonestown Massacre on your arses.  You've been warned.

Ahahaha.  I'm KIDDING.  Sort of.

So anyway, Alison's blog is a rollicking read, lots of tales from a misspent youth in Glasgow, as well as her life in Oz. She claims never to vomit until the morning after, was recently suspended from Twitter for Tweeting Julian Assange's mother, and is peri-menopausal! 

Go and read her blog NOW, oh loyal followers.

So anyway the whole point is for me to answer her questions and then pose some more of my own. I don't know if I can identify 11 bloggers, I'm getting tireder by the second, but I'll try.

Here goes.

1.  How did you come up with the name for your blog?

Well I guess you could say I thought it would be in poor taste to call the blog "Half-arsed Mama". Ha! Anyway, slapdash is the way I do stuff.  It's genetic.  It's the opposite of perfectionism. It's GETTING SHIT DONE even if it means using sticky tape to take up a hem, never moving furniture to vacuum, and coasting through uni with a raft of mediocre Credits to your name because you wrote all your assignments the night before they were due, alone, in the dark, hunched over the computer with a hundred journal articles balanced on your lap.  

So, Slapdash Mama it is.  Get it?

2.  W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶se̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶?̶ What inspires you to write?

I don't really know. I guess I am inspired to write because I often see the humour or the ridiculous in the everyday and I want to SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD! There's often moments I wish someone else was there to have witnessed it too.  Kind of like the first time I saw the Ali G show, home alone late at night, literally rolling on the floor crying with laughter and there wasn't one bastard there to share it with me.  

I used to write emo poetry and short stories about FEEELLLLIIIINNNGGGS and misery and angst but that was then and this is now.  

3.  Do you blog to a schedule (or are you a lazy bastard like me)?


Schedule? Hahahaha. I am as sporadic as a mofo. I do it when I get a chance, I never plan it, it all just comes pouring out. I like to think I am channeling the Muse, like Virgil or Homer. But I like to imagine that my Muse looks a bit like Peg from Married with Children. 

Click for source


4.  What was one of your most popular blog posts?

My most popular post so far is my New Year's resolution post.  Other ones are on my sidebar there.  My favourite post was this one, but nobody else likes it. Except my husband, maybe that's why we are married.



5.  Do you post on anything controversial?

Not really, I'm frightened to. Although I do swear which is a bit off. And I totally agree, I've said it before, swear words are fucking uncouth and as uncreative as shit.
6.  What do you do for Hogmonay (that's New Year's Eve if you are unsure)?

It varies, usually nothing much, I find it's a often a bit of a fizzer. I always want to be invited to someone's glam party in their penthouse so I can drink their fancy plonk and lounge in the jacuzzi but frankly every year I'm disappointed.  
7.  If you knew what was coming with the whole parenting caper, would you still have had children?

Yes! Because although I couldn't imagine how hard/aggravating/exhausting/boring/smelly parenthood is, I also never imagined the LOVE, the pure but totally FIERCE love you have for your children. It is almost SHOCKING in its intensity, or it is for me.
8.  What's the one place you would like to visit - even if you have already been there?

I would love to go to so many places but I have never been to Italy and would love to. Also Japan. Also back to New York with M again. Also back to Ireland. OK that was too many, I'd better stop.

9.  Favourite film?  You can name more than one if that's too hard.


Oh that is hard. I love The Sound of Music, Anchorman, Eyes Wide Shut. HAHA kidding about Eyes Wide Shut. Reminds me of the story about how Mum took my VERY elderly nana to see that movie at the cinema (AWKWARD!).  At the end, Nana turned to Mum and said "Well I know now why he [Stanley Kubrick] died, he took one look at that movie and that was it! All that HUMPING."

HAHAHAHAHA!
10.  W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶?̶  Something you are really passionate about (besides me)?
I'm passionate about reading, although I don't do as much as I used to which depresses the hell out of me.  Every time I go to read before bed I end up falling asleep, I am always so tired. Oh well.
11.  One thing you would like everybody to know about you
I am really a 50 year old man who writes from the basement of my mother's house wearing only underpants and a stained white singlet.

SO.....now I'm supposed to write 11 questions myself. Gah. SO HARD.

1.  Were you in the "cool gang" at school?

2.  What's your tipple of choice?

3. Cats or dogs?

4.  Favourite book?

5. Do you have a hidden talent?

6.  Favourite item of clothing?

7.  Beach or mountains?

8.  Is the world getting better or is it getting worse?

9.  What do you want to be when you grow up?

10.  Where do you live? What's your phone number? Bank account details? PIN?

11. 5 people you'd ask to dinner if you could ask anyone at all.

OK so I'm tagging these peeps...some probs have more followers than the rules say but I'm a rebel like that...I've just discovered most of these blogs. I know some of you have been tagged recently already or done it before or whatever, but never mind.






Mumabulous (AGAIN!!)



OK I'm off to bed.

Mwah.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! It has come my way before, but a new set of questions is always good inspiration. I look forward to responding when I get a chance (probably after school goes back!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you one of my old stain-repellent singlets. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God you are FUNNY! That photo of the woman from Married With Children & the singlet thing almost made me laugh out loud....and it's 4am - everyone else here is asleep! Note to self, don't read favourite blog in the wee hours xx (PS this is Ali!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for commenting A! See you at the Dream Factory...

      Delete
    2. Great to see you. But where the hell is Peg? Is she off tending to her fire engine red bouffant or something? Not impressed!

      Delete
  4. Thanks hon :) I love your summation of me! That'll sort the wheat from the chaff :D Totally agree with 1, 2, 3 and 7. You are very entertaining, I'm sitting here snorting away like a demented woman (like? I hear you ask). As for uni, I asked for a 5 day extension on an assessment just last week and still left it till the day before to finish it as quickly as possible, so I hear that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this! Don't think I didn't call my Mum, Dad, husband, twin sister (whose holidaying in South America) and wake up my babies to share the news ;) Have added this to my 'to do' list! (although am a little behind on my 'to do list'- 6 months behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not enough to read you now you want us to recruit others?

    You're a woman after my own heart..hope work not too enervating,the shock of returning is enough to jolt you into next year.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes work was..Gah...yes, recruit others. how else will I make.my fortune??!! Hehe.

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...