Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday. Fashion. Flowers.

Today we went on a visit to our friends K and C in Brisbane because my Dad (aka Grandpa G) was staying with them.  And of course because we like to visit them anyway.

P and I offended all the laws of nature and fashion by wearing matching mother/daughter sandals.  

Disclaimer:  I'm sorry if this photo gives you nightmares.  Look away from my sandfly-bite-scarred, pasty, hairy legs and focus on the pink toenails.


P was briefly sporting this colourful number,  purchased from the online Country Road outlet store for a mere $20!  As soon as we arrived at our social engagement, she (yes, you guessed it!) stripped down nude once more.  Nature child.

I know you are all jealous of our tasteful couches, I'm afraid they are heirlooms from my husband's brother-in-law's late mother and no longer available to the general public.  Please contain your disappointment.


Uncharacteristically for me, I'm a bit strapped for stuff to rant on about, so here's some flowers from the garden for your enjoyment.

I particularly love the new red geranium.  Geraniums always make me think of my favourite children's book, The Little White Horse.  Favourite book ever.

Still life with feet.

The agapanthus are mutating.  Anyone know why?

See, mutant.  Maybe not enough water?  

Pots o' colour.

Update!  I just got back from a kindy ladies night fundraiser.  My friends, I think that is a story for another day.  It was a bit like being in a parallel universe. I was a fish out of water.  Thank goodness there was booze. There's only going to be more of these do's as the sprogs continue their educational adventure.  

5 comments:

  1. "Thank goodness there was booze." -- this is my motto for life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I'm beginning to think it might be mine too!

      Delete
  2. Love it!!!
    Laughing out loud. Mostly at the scaly feet. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny I am laughing out loud. Partly at your free and uninhibited daughter but mostly at the pasty legs. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kel I'm glad my legs bring so much joy to the viewing public :-)

      Delete

Vent your spleen! You know you want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...